As it's only 7 more sleeps until I fly to Salt Lake City for Rootstech I am revisiting my old Rootstech checklist.
Two years down the track I find the list needs amending. Some items are going and others appearing. Please let me know if there's anything obvious that I've missed.
Geniaus' Rootstech Checklist
- International return flight Australia to SLC - Booked.
- Airport transfers in SLC - No worries - Shuttles/taxis can be organised at airport in SLC.
- Hotel Accommodation - Booked at the Marriott - most convenient hotel to Salt Palace and City Creek shops.
- Passport - Have a new one with lots of blank pages.
- ESTA (Visa) - Renewed.
- Travel insurance - Renewed.
- Conference Registration - Done.
- Respond to invitations - Done.
- Download the Rootstech App - Done, classes selected and friends made. If more people made their profiles public I would be able to make even more friends.
- Download Rootstech syllabus papers of interest - Ongoing Task.
- Compile list of Familysearch films to check in Family History Library - In progress in my Family Historian Database.
- Make list of geneashopping to be done while in the US - Need to prune list.
- Find out names of Aussies who are travelling to Rootstech - Have around a dozen names. No-one from Tasmania, Western Australia or the Northern Territory yet.
- Set a date for a casual pre-conference dinner for members of the British Commonwealth attending Rootstech - Done. Details here.
- Aussie pins/stickers/badges to hand out - waiting for post Australia Day sales.
- GeniAus Business Cards to hand out -Yes, still have supplies.
- GeniAus ribbons - Awaiting pickup on Salt Lake City. Thanks DearMyrtle.
- Purchase breakfast bars and healthy snacks for quick meals - have been to supermarket.
- Start gathering up my Geneabling to wear at the event - do I really want to take this stuff?
- Organise my technology for the trip - That's for next week.
- Pack my Bag - I need to know what I'm taking first. Maybe I need a packing list.