Friday, March 11, 2016

Family Historian Upgrade

No more forward slashes
The thought of upgrading software fills me with fear and trepidation but I am pleased to report that the free upgrade to Family Historian version 6.1 that I applied last week went off without a hitch.

I haven't noticed much difference in the program except with the entering of surnames which used to be enclosed within forward slashes . The need to use these forward slashes has disappeared so that's good.

There is a full list of the tweaks and new features that have been applied on the Family Historian website.

I must thank Simon Orde and his team for pushing out this free upgrade which takes on board many suggestions made by former users of The Master Genealogist and Family Tree Maker who have migrated to Family Historian.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...