Friday, January 28, 2011

12 days till takeoff

I've dived into the bowels of my dressing shed (aka wardrobe) and retrieved the overseas winter clothes that are too warm to wear in Australia. I've a thick padded jacket,a pair of comfy warm walking boots, hats, gloves, scarves and some thermal underwear. Hopefully I will be able to keep warm in Salt Lake City.

Thanks to advice from some of my fellow Rootstech Bloggers I know what I need to pack for my research days at The Family History Library and the Rootstech Conference. My passport is in date and I have my ESTA US Visa Waiver organised. My travel documents are in hard and soft copy.

This is the first big genealogy conference I have attended in a foreign ocuntry and it is just for fun! I am hoping that more seasoned attendees can pass on some information on other preparations/plans I should make to get the most out of my trip to Salt Lake City.

4 comments:

Caro said...

You must be getting really excited. Hope you have a great trip. Will you be blogging whilst you are there, so we can join in the fun?

Thomas MacEntee said...

Hmmm I'm not sure if you'll need the thermal underwear . . . perhaps that's just a man's perspective. Are you going to be sightseeing in SLC? Otherwise if you will be going from the hotel to the Salt Palace and to the FHL, you might not need it.

The forecast for that week will be 40F during the day.

GeniAus said...

Caroline, I'm an Official Rootstech Blogger so expect to see lots of posts from me.
http://rootstech.familysearch.org/bloggers.php

Shelley Crawford said...

40F is a little under 4.5C. I'd take thermals.

Now that I have finished discussing your undergarments, I hope you have a great time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...